- Cultural Survival Bazaar holiday sale of indigenous art
Saturday & Sunday, 11 am – 7 pm
Hynes Convention Center — 900 Boylston Street
- Support hand-crafted, fair-trade work from around the world when you buy your holiday gifts here or purchase art for your own home.
- I believe that all the vendors pledge 40% of their proceeds toward the cultural survival group’s mission to promote indigenous folks’ rights and fair-trade.
- For more details: http://www.cs.org/events/bazaar/index.cfm
**** Their collection will be even bigger than the one in Harvard Square. I bought a bunch of stuff last week in the Harvard Square one
- South End Holiday Market
(SOWA) of local New England artists
Saturday, 10 am – 8 pm, Sunday, 10 am – 6 pm
Cathedral High School Gym — 74 Union Park Street, Boston
- over 75 artistans’ stuff for some creative inspiration – Their stuff looks pretty hip and funky
- For more details on the participating artists:
- Mass Art Student & Alumni Artwork For Sale
Monday – Saturday (Dec. 4 – 9), 10 am – 7pm
MassArt Tower Lobby — 621 Huntington Ave, Boston (E line)
- Featuring original works of glass, ceramics, painting, jewelry, photography, sculptures, fibers, and more. Sales benefit artists and support student scholarships.
- For more info: www.MassArt.edu
- ICA (Institute of Contemporary Art) GRAND Opening Reception
SUNDAY (Dec 10), 9 am - 9pm
Introducing the brand new ICA on fan pier!
- The ICA officially opens with a free, 12-hour community open house. Come tour our new exhibitions, grab a free family guide, and enjoy a variety of events including performances by Snappy Dance Theater, Alloy Orchestra, the Either/Orchestra, a live DJ, and much more, plus face painting, balloon sculptors, and animated films by New England filmmakers.
Friday, December 08, 2006
Holiday Arts & Crafts Shopping, and Grand Opening of the Boston ICA!
Support indigenous international arts and culture or works by local artists. Check out these links to learn more about these great places to buy unique, holiday gifts that support the arts. Visit the new Institute of Contemporary Art at their grand opening on Sunday, December 10, 2006.